Thursday, June 26, 2014

To Professor, With Love by Linda Kage


If you'd just get a hold of my nook right now, you'd see how many notes and highlights were in it.. And I've got about four hours of sleep. Thank you very much Linda. 

If I were a traditional reader I would be scandalized. But luckily I evolved. I didn't like the name Noel for a hero but it slowly warmed up to it.. Aspen and Noel's relationship didn't feel illicit, lurid or offending for me.. Like him I thought it felt really pure and honest. I 
like how literature is completely subjective. So I can like this book all I want and still not be worried about how people will perceive me.. I agree with Ins Rhodz, this book reminded me of another book I loved, the one with Gabriel Emerson. I know you know what book. ;) 

To Professor, With Love is not only about love of a man to a woman or vice versa. I had goosebumps on Noel's relationship with his friends. The camaraderie, intimacy and total togetherness astound me. I want to be friends with Ten, or Pick, or even Hamm.. 
I like Ten's quirkiness, I laughed so hard when he said this "only I can bring a woman that much pleasure". That's in the middle of my heart being broken. I love Linda. 


Everyone of us is just like Aspen, our ultimate dream is to be loved.. Hmm. Don't you like the ring of Aspen as a name? 

I can identify with Aspen's love for literature. When I was in college I was asked to read and do a presentation for 100 Years Of Solitude. I already loved literature then, reading it made me realized just how much. Recently I also read Catcher In the Rye, I know this was highlighted in my nook. It's exactly what I feel now. Tell me you like it. 
"What really knocks me out is a book that, when you’re all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it.” - J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

I'm just glad I have book friends for that ;) thanks Ins for recommending it and Ropz for giving me a little more push.. I don't regret having lost a few hours of sleep. 

P.S. This made me laugh too " why do people grow some balls?" 

Answer here if you'd read it --> 

--JB 

http://www.amazon.com/Professor-Love-Forbidden-Men-Volume/dp/1497518091

http://www.amazon.com/Professor-Love-Forbidden-Men-Volume/dp/1497518091

No comments:

Post a Comment