Friday, June 27, 2014

Lady Luck by Kristen Ashley



Ty Walker was wrongly imprisoned and for the five years he was inside, he honed his plan so when he gets out, he has nothing but vengeance on his mind.

But then he walks straight to stylish, leggy, beautiful, goofy Lexie Berry and he suddenly has something else to think about. He knows within seconds he wants her and within days he can love her but with the filth that was flung at him clinging; he also knows he can’t have her.

Since birth, Lexie Berry has been Lady Luck’s favorite toy and because of that, Lexie is cautious. But within a day, she senses Ty is something special. With her luck, however, she can’t trust it. Then she finds out what was done to Ty and she’s willing to do anything to make it right.

Even what Ty will never forgive her for doing.

Ty clings to vengeance and Lexie goes all out to give him back the time he lost. But Ty is battling demons within and they’re up against dirty cops and criminals who will stop at nothing to sway Lady Luck against them. All Ty and Lexie have is hope Lady Luck will finally swing their way.

--------------------------------------------------
Mary Ann's review:

This is a gritty one, from KA. You can actually feel the emotion,the rage, the wanting of getting your revenge, you can taste it in your mouth feel. Ty Walker has lost his power when he got framed for a crime he didn't do. Lexie, even before she was born, she already lost that power.

Here's my fave scene:

“Just go,” I hissed. “Fuck, Ty, if I make the decision that I want to just be, can’t I just fucking be without all this fucking bullshit? My grandfather controlled my life and with that, I had no choice.
Then Ronnie did and with that, I did but did I make the right choice? No. Then Shift controlled it and my choices were limited but I still didn’t make the right ones. Can you give me one fucking thing in this nightmare and let me make my own fucking choice?”

When I was done speaking I felt his body had gone still again, stone still.

And silent.

Then he asked quietly, “Nightmare?”

“Nightmare,” I replied firmly.

Ty didn’t move.

By a miracle, I held it together.

Then he moved but it was to rest his chin on my shoulder and I closed my eyes because I needed
him to go, go, go so I could fall apart again on my own.

Then he said, “Your nightmare, mama, was my dream.”

My heart clenched.

He kept going. “Never had a home until you gave me one.”

My breath started sticking.

“Never had anyone give to me the way you gave to me.”

My breath stopped sticking and clogged.

“Never thought of findin’ a woman who I wanted to have my baby.”

Oh God.

“Never had light in my life, never, not once, I lived wild but I didn’t burn bright until you shined your light on me.”

Oh God.

“Whacked, fuckin’ insane, but, at night, you curled in front of me, didn’t mind I did that time that
wasn’t mine ‘cause it meant I walked out to you.”

He had to stop. He had to.

He didn’t.

“Your nightmare,” he whispered, turned his head and against my neck he finished, “my dream.”

No comments:

Post a Comment