Thursday, June 26, 2014

Daddy Long Legs by Jean Webster





SYNOPSIS:

This is the much-loved tale of Judy Abbott, a lively, endearing young girl growing up in an orphanage. Her dreams of college seem in vain until the unknown benefactor offers to pay for her tuition. The only requirements are that she must write to him every month, and that she can never know who he is. Judy's letters to him about life at college are full of her hopes and dreams, troubles, and a growing friendship with the handsome Jervis Pendleton. With so much going on in her life, Judy can scarcely stop writing, and when she discovers who daddy long-legs is, there is a happily-ever-after surprise.


*********

Jelai's Review:

My addiction to this story started in a cartoon series. I guess I was in grade school then, or was it in high school? And it's always on summer that was why I never failed to watch its every episode.

Now here comes the book! Reading it is as addicting as watching it. 

It's a very light story but full of wisdom. You can see yourself smiling at every turn of events. It's not a tear-inviting story but you will sure cry laughing your ass off at the hilarity of Judy. She could really be so funny. This is one of those classic novels that you will surely find time to read over and over again. 

I love how Judy make fun of her words. Very playful and smart. I so can relate 

And when you start reading you just can't stop.

Favorite Lines:

"I'm alone, really--with my back to the wall fighting the world."

"My childhood was just a long sullen stretch of revolt, and now I am so happy every moment of the day that I cant't believe it's true. I feel like a made up heroine in a story book."

"I think that the most necessary quality for any person to have is imagination."


No comments:

Post a Comment