Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Say the Word by Julie Johnson


"The heart isn’t like the liver. It doesn’t regenerate, no matter how much time passes. Once it’s gone, it’s gone for good. I’d left mine with Sebastian when I walked away that day, and I hadn’t seen it in the seven years since." — Lux Kincaid

At eighteen, Lux is forced to make a choice. One that nearly destroys her.

She breaks a boy’s heart.

She breaks her own, too.

Seven years later, Lux never expects to see Sebastian again — especially not when her career as a journalist is hanging by a thread and she’s stumbled onto the story of a lifetime. As she chases down leads and explores the dark underbelly of Manhattan, Lux will put her life on the line. But after crossing paths with a still-unforgiving Sebastian, it’s her heart she’s most worried about.

Amidst the blame and the betrayal, the hurt and the heartbreak… can two lost lovers ever find their way back to one another?

Lines will be blurred. The past will be unearthed. And Lux will find out that some secrets aren’t meant to be kept…
------------------------------------------------------------

JELAI:

10 shooting stars! 

It took me a day to finally write a review for this book. I just can't do anything after reading it. I was so overwhelmed. Words were overflowing and so were my emotions, and yet I couldn't do anything or didn't even know where to start. I got lost. Caught up. Stilled. Immobilized. Because all I did is felt. Absorb. I let it consumed me because by gods, I love how it made me feel.

I don't just read books. I passed the phase of tagging it as just a mere hobby in my slum book. It's my passion. It's something I could no longer picture out not doing anymore. I live for it. 

I really don't have any major requirements in reading a book. Offer me any book and I'll read it. But it doesn't mean I don't have a 'priority' list. 'Course I do. Those were the kind of stories that will surely make me momentarily put the one I'm currently reading "on hold" (figuratively speaking) and rush my ass to start them. 

It was just a good thing though, and thanks to my lucky stars, when a dear friend of mine recommended this book to me, I've just finished reading a book on my long 'priority list'. Because of the gods, I so love the plot. And this book never disappoints. I love it! 

It has everything you wanted in a novel. Romance. Suspense. Action. Mystery. Humor. But what really bagged me is how the story was beautifully told. I mean, anybody can write a story, but not everybody knows HOW to TELL a story. Julia Johnson really knows how to tell hers! 

I love second chances, young love, broken promises, and redemptions. I love the lines. Geezus, Julia Johnson is soooo good with words, she made me cry. I love this novel with so much passion and total abandon I can hardly breathe! 

There's so much heartache, but with a promise of healing in the end :)

---------------------

MARY ANN

I love this book because it reminds me of heartbreak, and that feeling of finding your soul mate, that exact moment moment, where you feel safe, and happy because you know the arms around you will never let you go and be alone out there in the harsh world we live in.

---------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment