Sunday, July 13, 2014

More Than Forever by Jay McLean


-LUCY-
There is a love so fierce it cannot be measured.
A heart so strong it will never slow.
There is a promise so sure it can never lie.
He promised me that love forever.
Even when it wasn't enough.

-CAMERON-
Forever. Everlasting. Eternal.
There is no measure of time.
No sounds of the ticking of a clock.
Just the rising and falling of the sun.
And our own sense of forever.

But our forever isn't always.
Tere's Review:



More Than Forever is the 4th book on The More Series by Jay McLean. It is the story of high school sweethearts Lucy and Cameron. First of all, I am so excited to read their story because Lucy is such a whack and a nut case on the previous books in this series. Plus she is a total book junkie (like me!) :) She is such a breath of fresh air and her antics are just out of this world! I was totally prepared to read a snarky and  batshit crazy adventures on this book.

 I am expecting a regular YA story since this series started in high school - and I love a  funny YA on a good day. Boy was I wrong. Nothing prepared me for this emotional roller coaster ride of a love story. This isn't just above a teenage love. It is MORE THAN that. Let me tell you that I cried like a baby, laughed like a looney and totally went mental after reading this book!





My Lucy:




My Cameron:




The story started on how Lucy and Cameron met. I already mentioned above that Lucy is such a whacko but let me tell you something about Cameron. Cameron is just PERFECT. He is a good kid. He never even gave his mother any headaches growing up. He coaches baseball to elementary kids and he helped his mother's boyfriend in his business. He is one of those heroes that aren't "bad boys" but still you won't help yourself but swoon on him.

Cameron met Lucy when he was coaching baseball to her younger brothers. Lucy didn't even give him the time of the day because she was busy dealing with younger brothers and reading. Lucy's mom just passed away and all the responsibilities of taking care of her younger brothers went on her shoulders - which is too much to deal with for a high school kid like her. She started making herself sick because it is the only thing that could make her feel alive.

Cameron started helping Lucy and they became friends. So as the story goes, their friendship blossomed into a sweet young love. A Yong Love that will turn into a roller coaster ride of emotions and gut wrenching feelings that will leave you drained and exhausted at the end. In  a good way.



"You're not a dork," he says. "You're cute."


Favorite Lines:



I silently hold her until she's done. There's something about the way she feels in my arms. Like maybe that calmness in her eyes from earlier could be justified.
Maybe I could be her calm.
I want to be her calm.
--
"She's cute. In a couple years she'll be hot. Guys will be all over her. I'm just trying to help out."
I think about what he's saying, and he makes a good point. Only he's wrong—she's hot now. "Fine. I claim her. She's mine."
His smirk is instant. "You can't own someone, you pig. She isn't property."
I laugh. "Fuck you."

--

I shove him. Hard. "Quit looking at her."
His eyes bug out. "Holy shit, dude. You got it bad."
"You were staring at her ass."
"I wasn't—"
"I claimed her! I said she was mine! You promised you'd leave her alone!"
His brows pinch, and he shoves me back. "I wasn't checking her out." Then a smirk develops. "Okay, maybe I was." 


--
    He pushes off the desk and blows out a long, heavy breath. "You make my world stop, Lucy."


--

Stupid smirk. "I'm going to wipe that stupid smirk off your face."
He chuckles. "How?"
"With my fist."
"Do it with your mouth," he challenges.


--

"Lucy?" Mark sighs.
I turn to him and fake the perfected smile I mastered when I was fifteen.
"I'm fine," I tell him.
A single fine. A single lie.
"I'll see you later."
And then I walk away.
Away from my forever.

--

Don't you remember? Forever, Luce. You promised me."
"We both did," she says, her voice calm now. "We promised each other ourforever. But maybe our forever is over."


--

She leans up on her toes, the saltiness from both our tears combine with our kiss.
One kiss.
One final goodbye.
"I loved you so much," she whispers.
And then she's gone.
I drop my head in my hands and sit on the floor, too exhausted to stay standing.
And then I cry. Get angry. Cry. Get angry.
And then I do it all over again.
Because she said loved.
She loved me.


--
So there they are; the boy in the past, falling in love with the girl. And the girl in the future, with the boy that can no longer love her.

--
So for days and days this man searches for the genie, trying to find a way to make his wishes come true. And he promises himself that if he finds that genie, and the genie offers him three wishes, he'll say what he should have said a long time ago. "You can keep your two wishes, I'll just take the one. I want my girl, Lucy. My forever. And not just for our forever, but for eternity, and for always."
--

NOTE TO READERS
Please note than More Than Forever (More #4) is part #4 in the More Series and should not be read prior to reading More Than This (More #1), More Than Her (More #2) and More Than Him (More #3).













No comments:

Post a Comment