Thursday, July 3, 2014

Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuire



The Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster phenomenon continues in the first heart-pounding new adult romance in The Maddox Brothers series.

Fiercely independent Camille "Cami" Camlin gladly moved on from her childhood before it was over. She has held down a job since before she could drive, and moved into her own apartment after her freshman year of college. Now tending bar at The Red Door, Cami doesn’t have time for much else besides work and classes, until a trip to see her boyfriend is cancelled, leaving her with a first weekend off in almost a year.

Trenton Maddox was the king of Eastern State University, dating co-eds before he even graduated high school. His friends wanted to be him, and women wanted to tame him, but after a tragic accident turned his world upside down, Trenton leaves campus to come to grips with the crushing guilt. 

Eighteen months later, Trenton is living at home with his widower father, and works full-time at a local tattoo parlor to help with the bills. Just when he thinks his life is returning to normal, he notices Cami sitting alone at a table at The Red. 

As the baby sister of four rowdy brothers, Cami believes she’ll have no problem keeping her new friendship with Trenton Maddox strictly platonic. But when a Maddox boy falls in love, he loves forever—even if she is the only reason their already broken family could fall apart.

In the first installment of the Maddox Brothers books, readers can experience the rush of reading Beautiful Disaster for the first time, all over again.


--

Tere's Review:


Trent, oh what can I say? Trent is like whoa! He is so sweet and protective. He loves kids and he babysits one!  He is just the bomb! He's an all or nothing kind of guy. Plus he's a tattoo artist. And he is a Maddox! Do I need to say more?

Cami is my usual type of heroine. She's spunky and cool. She is a bartender and she's been juggling between work and school, family drama and struggling on how to fit in on her boyfriend's busy life schedule. I like her loyalty to her family. But what threw me off a bit is she'd been stood up so many times by her boyfriend it got me thinking - what the heck is she doing?! But as the story goes I realized why Jamie made Cami that way. I really get her. :)

Cami met Trent at that point in her life where she is so frustrated on where her long distance relationship with her boyfriend is leading. In this confusion she met Trenton and he just crawled into her heart and melted all her defences. Yea, who can resist a Maddox, anyway? :)

The conflict came when Cami had to choose, she still believed she's in love with her boyfriend but she just couldn't shake off her feelings for Trent.


I'm afraid of giving much details on this review for the reason of giving too much information, I wanted you to find out all the way to the end on how Cami's reasons and choices lead to the jaw dropping conclusion! Yes, there is a secret. and I am not going to tell you! :)

In as much as I love Trenton Maddox, nobody can beat Travis Maddox's spot in my heart BUT do not let this tiny bit of self preference sway your interest in reading BOB! Trent is SWOON WORTHY!

4 AMAZEBALLS STARS!!

Fave Line:

"You can borrow me anytime. I am perfect for sweater weather."
"Be Careful. I might hold you to that."
"Don't threaten me with a good time." He stopped in the middle of the aisle. "Wait. Really?"
I shrugged. "You were pretty comfortable today."
"Comfortable? I'm fucking cashmere."
-

“You’re right, because we’re just friends.”
“Christ, Cami, I know. You don’t have to keep rubbing it in my face.”
My eyes widened. “Wow. Rubbing it in your face? Okay.”
Trenton laughed, frustrated. “How can you not know? Everyone else in the entire fucking world knows but you!”
“I know. I’m just trying to keep things simple.”
Trenton took a step toward me. “This isn’t simple. Not even close.”
-

Trenton hated me, and that was about right, because he asked me to choose, and I didn't choose him. Now I was lying naked in another man's bed, thinking about Trenton.
-

"I love you, Trent. I seriously, motherfucking love you."
"You're making me blush,"
-

"Have you ever loved two people at the same time?" she asked.


BUY ON AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment