Wednesday, October 15, 2014

DEACON: Unfinished Hero 4 (Kristen Ashley)

18464441


BEFORE reading the book,  I suggest downloading the songs Say Something (by A Great Big World)  and Let Her Go (by Passenger or try Tyler Ward's Cover) and then playing them as they are mentioned in the story.


All-inclusive Colorado resort

CASSIE
Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one, if you want me to


Cassie met Deacon when she was just starting her dream. Restoring cabins in the mountains of Colorado, she was intrigued by the scary stranger on cabin eleven. Years past, and he remained that aloof man, even through her efforts to reach out. 

Few years after, when Cassie had a run in with danger, they CHANGED.

Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

There are a lot of things Deacon has not shared Cassie, will not share, according to him. And Cassie, because (in her own words) she is stupid like that, hoped that what Deacon gives is, and will be enough.

And I am feeling so small
It was over my head
I know nothing at all

Until that amount of something seemed so minuscule compared to the secrets, and the lies.

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you

Say Something. The only thing  Deacon could not give.

And I will swallow my pride
You're the one that I love
And I'm saying goodbye

So Cassie said goodbye.

DEACON

Well you only need the light when it's burning low
Only miss the sun when it starts to snow

For years, Deacon resisted his attraction to Cassie. Burned by love that shattered and destroyed the man he was, he cannot let go.

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low
Only hate the road when you’re missin' home

No one to call his, no home to call his own, except that cabin. Cassie resurrected him.

Only know you love her when you let her go

But still, he cannot let go of his past. So he let Cassie go.

And you let her go.
Will you let her go?
---------------------------------------------------------------------

In the end, Kristen Ashley also gave a song, but for me, the song I listed to was All of Me by John Legend.

OKAY. The series Unfinished Hero always come with a WARNING. They are not for everyone. The men here are not your typical run of the mill heroes. THEY ARE NOT. Do not expect roses (though you will get them). Do not expect prince charming. But they have a story to tell. A story, that made them the men they are. No apologies. Love them as they are. I'm so happy Deacon got to tell his. 

I still love CREED and SYLVIE most, but Deacon, with Boss Lady and Priest, well, you cannot resist THAT.


cute man and cute dog



No comments:

Post a Comment