Friday, November 20, 2015

November 9 (Colleen Hover) -MA's Review



Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day of her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon’s last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist.

MA's Review:

"I am translucent, aquatic. Drifting, aimless. She is an anchor, sinking in my sea." 

FIVE PLOT TWIST STARS!!!

I did not expect to love this book. FOR ONE, I didn't think CoHo could top Ugly Love for me, and TWO, because from the plot, it had the Nicholas Spark feel to it (which is really not a bad thing, it's just not my cup of tea). But how CoHo proved me WRONG. I started reading at 11PM last night and finished by 2AM, in between ranting with Co-admin Tere about the scenes and lines, that made me wanna throw my tablet in a fit of anger and betrayal, to the ones that made me want to bowl in ugly ugly tears or just SIGH and SWOON over Ben. I did not skip a page, and had to read one chapter twice, just so I could feel the effing heartbreak again. 

Lines:

“I don’t want to be your first, Fallon. I want to be your last.”

“I don’t expect that, Fallon. But I do pray for it. Every night, down on my knees, to any God who will listen.”

You deserve more than a secondhand I love you.”
One of the worst fucking moments, and I can still feel the wounds your tears left in my chest every time I breathe.”

“Do you think Stephen King was actually murdered by a clown in real life?” I ask him. “Did Shakespeare really down a vial of poison? Of course not, Ben. It’s called fiction for a reason. You make the shit up.”

No comments:

Post a Comment